Librariest

The Librariest

I'm an elementary librarian in need of justifying the amount of books I reads aimed at eleven year-olds by organizing them on a nifty website.

The Hoboken Chicken Emergency
The Boxcar Children Beginning: The Aldens of Fair Meadow Farm
Patricia MacLachlan
Les Miserables: Complete and Unabridged

I Am the Messenger

I Am the Messenger - Mr. Markus Zusak likes to play with language, oh yes he does. He takes emotions and chases them about like a cat with the ring from a milk lid on the kitchen floor. I would happily throw words like jubilation, rage, embarrassment, devastation, or empathy in his path just to see how he would bat them about and toss them back. I adored the characters in this book, and frankly I’m a little peeved that I haven’t been invited to one of their card games. The missions were so satisfying, especially the next to last one.About the ending, was it an escape from being painted into a corner or master plan? Knowing that it comes from the same designer as The Book Thief I’m going with master plan.One question – has anyone in real life ever fallen down in a doorway in the ecstasy of a first kiss? My daughter wrote a “novel” when she was 14, and never been kissed by-the-way, where there was lots of falling down and kissing. I didn’t realize this was something that happened outside of Hollywood and the fantasies of adolescent girls.